Green Venture signs deal with Statkraft

 In Energy, News, Solar energy, Solar Parks

Portugal’s Green Ventures has signed a contract for the purchase and sale of energy in a PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) with the Norwegian company Statkraft for its Valpaços solar park with an installed power of 40 megawatts-peak (MWp).

According to a note released on Monday, the PPA is based on the sale of 70% of the production from the solar park for 8.5 years, which represents around 340.5 GWh of Green Venture energy bought by Statkraft. The other 30% will be also acquired by Statkraft.
The Valpaços solar park is capable of generating enough energy to supply the entire town of Valpaços, corresponding to the total annual consumption needs of 10,885 families.
“This represents a significant step for Green Ventures and its commitment to supply sustainable energy to communities in Portugal”, says the communiqué sent to news desks.
Statkraft entered the Portuguese market in April with a view to solar panel and hydroelectric energy production and consumption projects. The beginning of its operation was marked with the signing of a PPA with NextEnergy Capital, an international investor in solar energy.